Thursday, April 1, 2010

Serious Serum

A few months back I cried out on Twitter about a MONSTER of an ingrown hair I had.  Seriously, it was like a volcano was growing on me!!!  The lovely folks at Serious Serum heard my cry and sent me a bottle of their product to try. 

I was pretty stoked that they did that since the product wasn’t available for sale in Canada.  (It’s still only available for sale in the US as per their website.)  The retail cost for one tube is $25US. 

Serious is a blend of 10% AHA (Alpha Hydroxy Acids) in a scent free base.  It can be used all over the body, but is especially amazing on waxed areas.

IMG_3061

Serious Serum can be used in so many different ways.  I often used some on my face at night under my moisturizer when I had dry patches due to stress and it helped clear up the patches, which is something I’ve always struggled with!

Shamefully it was a while before I had a waxing so I waited on giving this review until I could do the full meal deal.  After my last wax I did have a few ingrown hairs (which I was happy to see this time because it allowed me to test out the Serum). After a few uses of the product, the ingrowns were gone.  Seriously!  I am one of “those” people who enjoys squeezing out ingrown hairs so I am left with red dots all over my leg, but this stuff helped eliminate the dots!

I am impressed!

The Serum is… well… serum-like.  If you’ve ever used any sort of serum for your face before, the texture is the same.  It is scent free however I did observe a natural smell likely from the AHA Compounds and I remember thinking how it would be nice to have a more pleasant smell for the times it is used on the face.  (Having said that – none of the other face serums I’ve used have ever had a smell other than the “natural” scent it gives off.)

Only a small pea sized amount is needed, so the jar can last a long time.  The website claims that with regular use, it can last 2-5 months.

The website also states that Serious Serum is 100% vegan (the lactic acid is derived from beets) and great for those with sensitive skin.

Overall thoroughly enjoyed testing this product and I’m incredibly thankful at the opportunity to review it!

The only downside I can say right now is that it isn’t available in Canada.  I know several Canadian ladies who would LOVE this product! 

C’mon Serious Serum, help our Canadian girls out!! =)

Thanks Shannon!!

4 comments:

Unknown on April 28, 2010 at 10:19 p.m. said...

You are SO welcome! And we are working on getting our Canadian shipping dialed in! :)

Jessie said...

I LOVE this stuff!

Anonymous said...

Did you continue using this product? any updates would greatly be appreciated

Unknown on December 26, 2012 at 10:35 p.m. said...

This product is a cheap knockoff of a well known brand called princereigns available at princereigns.com. Im sure shannon left that part out as she used to sell it well at her wax salon until she copied it with an inferior blend. (Think pepsi and Ritz cola). Almost but not quite there.

Did I mention her knockoff is 1/2 the size for the same cost.

Dont be fooled.

Keeping them honest