Monday, March 29, 2010

Run #1 – Success!

So yesterday I talked about getting back to running and I am proud to say Day 1 was a success!

3.33KM in 34min!

It has been quite a while since I’ve done any running so I am glad that I’m starting back to basics.  The run wasn’t really difficult but it wasn’t a piece of pie either.  Secretly, I missed the 1min runs so it was nice to get back to them.  They seriously just fly by!

The breakdown of my workout was:

5min warmup @ 3.0mph

1 - 1min run @ 5.0mph/1.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5mph/0 incline

2 - 1min run @ 5.0mph/2.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5mph/0 incline

3 - 1min run @ 5.0mph/3.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5mph/0 incline

4 - 1min run @ 5.0/4.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5mph/0 incline

5 - 1min run @ 5.0/3.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5/0 incline

6 - 1min run @ 5.0/2.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5/0 incline

7 - 1min walk @ 5.0/1.0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5/0 incline

8 - 1min walk @ 5.0/0 incline

     2min walk @ 3.5/0 incline

5 min “warm-down” @ 3.0/0 incline

Brilliant me wore my Garmin on my wrist but totally forgot to wear the HRM so I have no idea what my heart rate was at.  Oh well – at the very least it kept my programmed workout on track.

Session #2 starts on Wednesday and hopefully it’s nicer out.  It was super windy and cold out here so I wasn’t about to go outside.  The drafts are bananas by our place.   - Don’t judge -

Someday I’d like to challenge myself to get up early and get the runs out of the way.  I am not at all a morning person so I can’t see it happening anytime soon, but we shall see!

I hope everyone had a fantastic Monday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish that I could get up early to work out too but...yeah right. :)

All the intervals really make the time fly with the constant changing. I'll do that sometimes with the incline on the treadmill.

Great job on your first "offical" training run!

tash on March 31, 2010 at 9:06 p.m. said...

That is fantastic Lex!