Sunday, April 25, 2010

Head throbbing weekend

This weekend was a total write off for me.  boo.  Saturday I woke up to one of *the* worst headaches of mankind and it had me sitting on my couch all day.  Later that night I headed out to Superstore since there was no food in the house.  That wasn’t the best idea since I was driving with some weird blurred vision.

The good news is that I picked up all yummy, healthy treats.  TONNES of fruit:  Cantaloupe, Honey Dew Melon, Blackberries, Strawberries, Liberte Raspberry Yogurt, Clementines, Skinny Stix, and Skinny Cow fudgesicles….. and a huge bottle of Advil!

My whole night was mowing down on all of this fruit and watching trash TV on the computer (Bad Girls Club.)

Unfortunately when I woke up today the headache hadn’t gone away. WTF?!  I popped WAYY too many Advil but nothing seemed to help so it was day 2 of sitting my arse on the couch. 

I did manage to go out for a run late in the evening… I kind of forced myself to so that I could actually BE back on track with my running schedule.  Even though I still had a throbbing head, it was nice to get out and catch a tiny bit of sun!

Here’s an update.  I was suppose to run on Saturday but due to my massive head problems I took a rest day and pushed it to today.  That ends my "easy recovery” week and I move on to my 5th week of training.  The numbers in red are edits – I somehow programmed my session to only run 5 times instead of six so I was short 5mins

run2

Here’s Friday’s run:

Apr 23

Here’s tonight’s run:

Apr 25

My 5k race is less than a month away (May 23rd) and I’m still fairly nervous about it.  I haven’t set a time goal yet but I do want to perform well.  I’ll have to do some thinking about that.  I’m still finding these shorter runs difficult and not sure when the 5, 10min runs will happen – they terrify me at this point.  Heck, even my session tomorrow is leaving my comfort zone since my walks will me 1 minute instead of 2 minutes. 

Eek!

Ahh well, either way I’m going to give’er. 

5 comments:

Claudia on April 26, 2010 at 9:44 a.m. said...

I remember how terrified I was of the 5minutes runs. There was NO way I was going to be able to run for 5min... the funny thing is they weren't all that bad and I was able to run for 5mins.
You'll see it will all come together.

fittingbackin on April 26, 2010 at 1:19 p.m. said...

Hate to hear that about your headache- man! I love that you have your race to look forward to - I really need to step up my running!

The Linz (Destination 26.2) on April 26, 2010 at 3:02 p.m. said...

Sorry to hear about your headache. I was glad to hear that you ran through it on the second day. That must have been tough. Did the running help the headache? Or make it worse?

I am excited for your upcoming 5k and I think you are going to awesome! Did I mention that your 5k is on my birthday? That should be goodluck right? I will send happy awesome 5k vibes your way!! :)

Alison Fay on April 26, 2010 at 10:30 p.m. said...

I hate it when that happens when the weekend FINALLY rolls around! It always feels like such a waste - wish you could get a do over.

Gotta ask, do you like the Liberte Raspberry? I have had a few of their flavours, and find that they aren't anything special...but their price is! I love the Greek and Meditteranean - but can't handle the full fat of the latter.

Sarah on April 26, 2010 at 10:44 p.m. said...

Sorry you had such a bad headache, I hate when a weekend gets wasted on stuff like that :(.

For my first 5km I didn't set a time, I just wanted to run the whole time and not stop. I ran very slow but after I did my first one I was ready to do another one. A month later I was able to take 6 mins off my time because I had done it before and knew I could finish.